Here at Oasis Eye Care, we are committed to providing the very best in overall eye health—this includes Vision, Perceptual and Sports therapy.
We offer on-site vision therapy assessments and provide customized therapy programs.
Dr. Sharma also provides vision therapy secondary to traumatic brain injury such as concussion (After a MVA or sports injury).
Vision Therapy is a highly customized and targeted form of visual training used to aid in various ocular conditions.
Our goal is to treat vision problems and symptoms that cannot be treated with glasses alone.
This involves a series of exercises directed towards specific deficiencies in the movements and/or focusing the eyes.
Vision Therapy & Learning Disabilities
Vision therapy does not correct learning disabilities. However, many children with learning disabilities will also have an underlying vision problem.
It is recommended to start first with a complete eye health exam before initiating any form of therapy.
What to expect for your eye exam?
- You’ll be asked about your personal and your family's medical history and visual history.
- Further discussion into any vision problems you might be experiencing.
- Your vision will be tested to determine if you need glasses or contact lenses.
- Detailed ocular photographs will be taken (done for most children as well)
- Your optometrist will measure your eye pressure
- We will use various lights to evaluate the front of the eye and inside of each eye. The doctor will check the overall health of your eyes.
- Finally, the results of your exam will be discussed with you. If a follow-up is required, it will be scheduled for you.
We specialize in pediatric vision, starting as young as 3 months. Your doctor will employ various techniques to check the vision and health of children’s eyes.